4 pork loin cutlets or chops
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1–2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot — finely diced
1 small red capsicum — thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic — crushed
½ cup white wine
¾ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons maple syrup
5 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 peaches — quartered
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and pan-fry the pork until almost cooked through. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and leave to rest while you make the sauce.
- Add a drizzle more oil to the pan and sauté the shallot and capsicum for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the stock, maple syrup and 4 tablespoons of the sweet chilli sauce. Simmer until syrupy.
- Add the pork and any resting juices to the sauce and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce in a small pan and caramelise the peach quarters, making sure they still hold their shape. Add to the pan with the pork.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts to serve.