1kg skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
¼ cup paprika
3 tablespoons ground white pepper
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
⅔ tablespoon salt
1½ teaspoons dried thyme
1½ teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the chicken thighs into halves or thirds.
- Whisk the buttermilk and egg in a large bowl. Add the chicken and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Shake off any excess buttermilk from each piece of chicken, coat it in the flour mixture and place it on a wire rack.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- When it is very hot, deep-fry the chicken in about 4 batches for about 5 minutes each batch or until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels, then serve.